Stewardship

The Stewardship Commission’s purpose is educate, encourage and promote ways to embrace Stewardship as a philosophy and way of life by giving of our time, talents and treasure out of our gratitude for God’s gifts to us.

stewardship council meeting minutes Augost 2017

Sacred Heart Stewardship Commission

Friday, August 18, 2017

Pribil Home

Minutes

 

Present:   Siemens, Barretts and Pribils

Absent:     Borho, Himmelwright and Father

The meeting opened with the Our Father recited by the group.

Minutes:   The minutes were approved as presented

 

Old Business:

                Parish Picnic:   There was agreement the picnic was a success and well attended.  Jeanette thanked Bekki for arranging for the children’s games.  

                Renewal Poster:   Jeanette distributed a “sample” for discussion.    People doing posters will be asked to state the purpose of the group, what are their needs, i.e., membership and/ or something else, expectations of commission or council member, how often they meet, etc.    A picture of each display can be taken, printed and included in the bulletin as well.   Tina would need to be alerted of insert.

Minutes indicate eight displays would be requested but the group couldn’t identify 8.  Ones noted were:

Pastoral Council

Stewardship

Finance Council

Religious Education (PSR and Adult education?)

Liturgy

Women of Sacred Heart

Sharon has not received requests from the notice in the bulletin.  

Minutes note that someone would contact each council or commission.  

IF there are 8 displays, and one featured each Sunday, we would need to start the Sunday after Labor Day to be complete by Nov. 1. 

There was discussion about location.   The back of church or entry is possible but with the congestion of people leaving church most likely people will not spend time in looking at it.  Suggestions included the door as people come into church and/or outside. 

 

For the SS display, Bekki has some pictures from the picnic.  She and Jeanette will get together and a proof sent to everyone via email between now and the next meeting.  It seems appropriate that SS be the first week.   Discussion about what should be included on display included the need for new membership and expectations.

Speakers:  There was discussion about potential speakers and names recalled were Ciera and Daniel.    This will be addressed at the next meeting. 

New Business:   Stewardship Day is August 26, in Dodge City beginning at 9:30 a.m.

Next meeting:   Friday, Sept. 8 at the Barrett Home

 

 

 

 

 

 

stewardship council meeting minutes June 2017

Stewardship Council Meeting Minutes June 23, 2017

 

The Stewardship Council met on June 23  2017 at 6:30 pm at the home of David and Glenna Borho.  Present were Ed and Sharon Barrett, David and Glenna Borho, Blake and Chris Himmelwright, Bekki Pribil and Jerry and Jeanette Siemens.

Jeanette opened the meeting with a group prayer.

The minutes of the last meeting were accepted as written.

Old Business  The parish picnic will be July 30 at 5:00 pm at Lemon Park.  A notice has been appearing in the bulletin each week.  David will speak with the Knights about grilling hamburgers and Bekki and Chris will purchase table service.  Jeanette will reserve a shelterEntertainment was discussed but not continuous so people can visit and connect.   Jeanette will visit with Lonnie and

his group.   Kyle Howell was also suggested.  

 

The parish renewal was discussed and it was decided to add an insert in the bulletin each week beginning in September.  Each council will be asked to send a description and photos of members, if possible, to Chris and she will send to the bulletin.  The Councils to be included are; Finance, Stewardship, Liturgy, Women of Sacred Heart, Pastoral Council, Religious Ed. and K of C.  A notice will also be included in the bulletin for any other groups, etc. that we may not be aware of that may want to be included. 

David will contact Finance and Pastoral Council.  Chris will contact Liturgy.  Jeanette will contact Stewardship.  David will also bring a list of all the councils and commissions to the next meeting.

New Business  The Vibrant Ministries capital campaign was discussed.

The next meeting will be July 14 at 6:30 pm at the home of Blake and Chris Himmelwright.

Respectfully submitted by,

 

Chris Himmelwright

stewardship council meeting minutes May 2017

                Stewardship Council Meeting Minutes May 21, 2017

 

The Stewardship Council met May 21, 2017 at 6:30 pm at the cabin of Jerry and Jeanette Siemens.  Present were Ed Barrett, David and Glenna Borho, Blake and Chris Himmelwright, Bekki Pribil and Jerry and Jeanette Siemens

David opened the meeting with an inspirational thought.

The minutes from the last meeting were approved as written.

Old Business  Parish picnic July 30 at 5:00 pm at Lemon Park.  Alternate site for bad weather will be school cafeteria.   Dave spoke with a member of Knights of Columbus about cooking hamburgers.  The Stewardship Council will provide bottled water (David will purchase) and table service (Bekki or Chris will purchase).  Chris will begin publishing in the bulletin.

Jeanette prepared a booklet for each member outlining the Stewardship Renewal.  We will place an easel at the rear of the church featuring each council/commission and rotate weekly during the month of September.  A brief description of the featured council will be in the bulletin that week.  Some councils we will ask to participate are; Liturgy, Stewardship, Religious Ed., Women of Sacred Heart, Pastoral Council and Finance Council.

Other At the suggestion of the Diocese, it was decided that we will ask two lay speakers to make a presentation during the month of November.  Each member was asked to consider who to ask and to bring ideas to the June meeting.

David will bring an updated list of councils and commissions and their chairperson to the next meeting.

The next meeting will be June 23, 2017 at 6:30 pm at the home of David and Glenna Borho

Respectfully submitted by,

 

Chris Himmelwright

Minutes March 10 2017

Sacred Heart Stewardship Council

Friday, March 10, 2017

Minutes

 

The meeting was opened with a group prayer in the home of Alan and Bekki Pribil.

 

The minutes of the last meeting were approved as presented. 

 

Old Business:

After discussion it seems follow up contacts have been made with all that signed up for something on the last Time and Talent Survey.   A note has been in the bulletin asking that we be notified if someone has signed up and not been contacted.  We have had not responses so the consensus is the survey work is completed.

 

No report on Vibrant Ministries

 

Blake updated the group on the S H Endowment.  A copy of the minutes from the May 1, 2015 Special Meeting are attached to these minutes.

 

New Business:

The group discussed whether or not to try to host a church picnic again this year   After discussion it was decided to see if the Hispanic group would like to co-sponsor a Cinco DeMayo celebration in May.   Jeanette will contact David to see if he might make that contact or identify whom to visit.   If there is not a desire to do so, we will address something at a later date. 

 

The meeting adjourned.    The next regular meeting date falls on Good Friday so the next time would fall to Friday April 21 with Siemens as host.

 

Respectfully submitted:

Jeanette Siemens, Chairperson

 

 

stewardship council meeting minutes

              Stewardship Council Meeting Minutes February 10, 2017

 

The Stewardship Council met on February 10, 2017 at 6:30 pm at the home of Blake and Chris Himmelwright.  Present were Ed Barrett, David and Glenna Borho, Blake and Chris Himmelwright and Jeanette Siemens.

The meeting was opened with prayer.

The minutes of the last meeting were accepted as written.

Old Business  We will ask Father to announce after mass that anyone who has not been contacted about their stewardship survey, should contact Jeanette.  Chris will put a notice in bulletin.

David reported that the Vibrant Ministries appeal has been pushed back until May.

There was discussion about future challenges for the Stewardship Council.

The next meeting is tentatively set for March 9, 2017 at 6:30 pm. at the home of Alan and Bekki Pribil.

Respectively submitted by,

Chris Himmelwright

 

 

Stewardship Council Meeting Minutes

Stewardship Council Meeting Minutes January 6, 2017 The Stewardship Council met on January 6, 2017 at the home of David and Glenna Borho at 6:30 pm. Present were Ed and Sharon Barrett, David and Glenna Borho, Blake and Chris Himmelwright Father Mike, Alan and Bekki Pribil and Jerry and Jeanette Siemens. Father opened the meeting with prayer. The minutes of the previous meeting were approved as written. Old Business Jeanette emailed the Time and Talent Survey to each and encouraged that contacts be made within 30 days. She estimated that 125 were returned. In addition, several from last year were received by Tina. Sharon reported that she has 11 people working on birthday cards and that over 300 are sent each year. Father reported that the parish would receive a letter in early February from the Diocese concerning the Vibrant Ministries appeal. He is looking for a chair and/or co-chair for this ministry. Several names were proposed. The goal set by the Diocese for our parish is half a million dollars over a 3 year pledge time. However, this number may be reevaluated. Discussion about the stewardship appeal continued. The next meeting will be February 10 at 6:30 pm at the home of Blake and Chris Himmelwright. Respectfully submitted by, Chris Himmelwright

Stewardship Council Meeting Minutes

Stewardship Council Meeting Minutes November 11, 2016 The Stewardship Council met on November 11, 2016 at 6:30 pm at the cabin of Jerry and Jeanette Siemens. Present were Glenna Borho, Chris Himmelwright Father Mike and Jerry and Jeanette Siemens. Father opened the meeting with prayer. The minutes of the last meeting were approved as written. Old Business The stewardship surveys will be handed out during mass on the weekend of November 12-13 and extras will be left at the back of church. They will also be added to bulletin for the weekend of November 19-20. They will be tabulated and it will then be decided on how contact will be made with new ministers. New Business Father reminded us that the diocesan wide ‘Vibrant Ministries’ will begin in Early February. If we have Lenten speakers this year, Father want to approve of them and their content before they speak. He would like the subject of ‘treasure’ to be spoken of during this time. Father added that a committee must be formed before the diocesan stewardship appeal begins. He will meet with the Bishop to understand to what degree our parish will be expected to participate. The next meeting will be January 6, 2017 at 6:30 pm at the home of David and Glenna Borho. Respectfully submitted by Chris Himmelwright

Stewardship Council Meeting Minutes

Stewardship Council Meeting Minutes October 21, 2016 The Stewardship Council met at the home of Ed and Sharon Barrett at 6:30 pm October 21, 2016. Present were Ed and Sharon Barrett, David and Glenna Borho, Blake and Chris Himmelwright, Father Mike, Alan Pribil and Jerry and Jeanette Siemens. Father opened the meeting with prayer. The minutes of the last meeting were approved as written Old Business Jeanette handed out a copy of the survey for discussion. One item will be added to the ministry list and that will be musician/cantor/instrumental Father added that he would like the survey to include all three aspects of Stewardship, including the stewardship of treasure. Jeanette will send a copy to all for final review. Taylor printing will be asked to print 1,000 copies for bulletin, newsletter and handout in church. They will be in the November newsletter and distributed in church the weekend of November 12,13. New Business David announced that the parish is now using Formed.org and our parish code is VFMVGH. Anyone can login using this code and by submitting their personal registration. David also asked that the Council donate to a raffle by the Women of Sacred Heart. All agreed. David will collect the money from each council member. It was decided that we would have lay witness speakers during Lent in 2017. Ed suggested that one of those speakers talk on the subject of treasure. Chris announced that she, Erin Crouch and Luke Kumberg are working on updating the parish website. The next meeting will be November 11, 2016 at 6:30 pm at the home of Jerry and Jeanette Siemens. Respectfully submitted by, Chris Himmelwright

All Councils and Commissions Meeting

All Council and Commission Meeting August 21, 2016 A joint meeting of all councils and commissions of Sacred Heart Parish met at the home of Alan and Bekki Pribil at 5:30 pm on August 21, 2016. Present were; Father Mike, Rita Hitt, Like Kumberg, Kim Evert, Donna Huff, Loren Haas, David and Glenna Borho, Alan and Bekki Pribil, Jerry and Jeanette Siemens, Vicki Rush, Christine Brenner, Rhonda Westerhaus, Vince Wilczek, Kay Schnitker, Erin Crouch, Patrice Egging, Rick Klausmeyer and Chris Himmelwright. Father said a prayer before the meal. The meeting began at the conclusion of the meal. Jeanette asked how we can create enthusiasm and involvement. How to use the Time and Talent Survey to capture parishioner’s interest. Rhonda mentioned that some churches put their survey ion I pads which are available after mass. Pratt community College uses Survey Monkey. Luke added that the church has software that may accommodate this as well as list all the ministries and parish needs. David asked everyone what type of format that would like to use for the Survey. Rita suggested a very detailed catalog of needs with many categories and subcategories, as we used several years ago. Luke and Vickie pointed out that they had received a good response using a short form that was filled out during mass. It was reported that when a lengthy survey has been used, the response has been lower. Patrice suggested a more personal approach to involving parishioners, using a one on one type ministry. Luke and Rhonda suggested different rotational schedules, including seasonal schedules which may work well for families and teachers. Erin suggested a section allowing parishioners to express interests and hobbies, etc. Jeanette noted that this was included in the last survey and the information was difficult to use. Luke suggested that we have a ‘gifted and talented’ retreat to explore some of these options. The diocese is working on something like this. Patrice added that she knows a church that formed a popular softball team. Rita said that there has been a failure to offer parishioners new ways to become involved. Jeanette asked how do we do that? David said he is encouraged by the conversation and that the Stewardship Council has had these conversations for a long time. Personal invitation remains the best way to invite involvement. Luke added that Father has done a great job in calling us to our faith. Vince noted that at PRMC only about 30% of employees do more than just work and it is the same 30% that volunteer for anything extra. Bekki add a challenge for all of us to offer friendship first before asking a fellow parishioner to become involved in something. For example, everyone could bring someone to our parish picnic this Sunday. Father commended all on the number of volunteers we already have at each mass. He stated that at much larger churches, there were often no lectors, etc. Father added that there has been a good response to the invitation to involvement in our parish. He further reminded us that from the Eucharist flows involvement, not the other way around. He warned not to become like many Protestant churches with too many activities. He reminded us of KISS; or ‘keep it simple stupid’! The meeting was closed by Jeanette. Respectfully submitted by, Chris Himmelwright

Stewardship Council Meeting Minutes

Stewardship Council Meeting Minutes July 15, 2016 The Stewardship Council met at the home of David and Glenna Borho at 6:30 pm on Friday July 15, 2016. Present were Ed and Sharon Barrett, David and Glenna Borho, Blake and Chris Himmelwright, Father Michael Klagg, and Alan and Bekki Pribil. Father opened the meeting with prayer. The minutes of the previous meeting were approved as written. Members of the Council introduced themselves to Father Mike and welcomed him to our parish. Old Business It was suggested that we add ‘Historian’ to our Time and Talent survey in future. Perhaps we can get some photos and news items into the Diocesan newspaper that way. The All Council and Commission meeting will be held at 5:30 pm on August 21 at the Pribil residence. Chris will put a notice in the bulletin to invite all parish leadership. Each will be asked to bring a dessert or side dish. Those attending will be asked to RSVP to the church office. The parish picnic will be August 28 at 5:00 pm at Elm Mills. David will ask the Knights if they will provide the meat and parishioners will be asked to bring a dessert or side dish. Table service will be provided by Stewardship. The next meeting will be in September at the Himmelwright home. Date and time is to be determined. Respectfully submitted by, Chris Himmelwright

Stewardship Council Meeting Minutes

Stewardship Council Meeting April 16, 2016 The stewardship Council met at the home of Blake and Chris Himmelwright on April 15, 2016 at 6:30 pm. Present were Ed and Sharon Barrett, Blake and Chris Himmelwright, Father McKinney, Bekki Pribil and Jerry and Jeanette Siemens. Father opened the meeting with prayer. The minutes of the last meeting were approved. Old Business Glenna reported via Jeanette that Vicky Maechtlen has taken over the ’welcome’ baskets and calls to new parishioners Father informed us that this year we will follow the Diocesan Stewardship appeal calendar. New Business The question was raised about who administrates our Facebook page and discussion followed. A suggestion was made that entries be seen by Father before being published. Sharon suggested that our parish should make a better effort at a presence in the Diocesan newspaper. David was nominated to ask Eric Hazelhorst for an interview/article about our parish for the newspaper As we plan for the next Time and Talent drive, there was discussion about how to involve all the councils and commissions in a discussion about their missions and needs. It was suggested that we have a social event at the Pribil home this summer (possibly early August) and invite those councils and commissions to attend to discuss their concerns as well as what each does in the parish. This could then be followed up with an article in the bulletin. The next meeting will be May 13 2016 at 6:30 pm at the Siemen’s cabin. Respectfully submitted by, Chris Himmelwright

Stewardship Council Meeting Minutes

Stewardship Council Meeting Minutes February 12, 2016 The Stewardship Council met at the home of Dave and Glenna Borho at 6:30 pm Friday, February 12, 2016. Present were Sharon Barrett, Dave and Glenna Borho, Blake and Chris Himmelwright, Father McKinney, Alan Pribil and Jerry and Jeanette Siemens. Father opened the meeting with prayer. The minutes of the last meeting were approved as written. Old Business All present agreed that the students who attended NCYC di a great presentation at mass. Jeanette reported that she has roughly two months of ‘Did You Know’ for the bulletin. But would still like more ideas. Several members from the Council will stay after mass this weekend to listen to concerns and answer questions that arose as a result of the stewardship survey. We are encouraged to listen to what parishioners want. This will take place in the church Saturday and in the school Sunday. David sent messages out using Flocknotes. We will continue to use it and see how it works. Father reported that he had 14 survey responses from the Hispanic community and many interested in church cleaning. New Business David will provide us with some examples of Youth Stewardship Surveys. Father explained that the Bishop will be sending a letter and survey to some parishioners to assess the need for continuing a diocesan stewardship appeal. The diocese has engaged the Steier Group to this end and a representative will be in Pratt February 23, 24, 25. Father reported that the rectory is now paid for. The next meeting will be March 11, 2016 at the home of Ed and Sharon Barrett at 6:30 pm. Respectfully submitted by Chris Himmelwright

Stewardship Council Meeting Minutes

Stewardship Council Meeting Minutes January 17, 2016 The Stewardship Council met on January 17, 2016 at the home of Alan and Bekki Pribil. Present were Sharon Barrett, Dave and Glenna Borho, Chris Himmelwright, Father Mckinney and Jerry and Jeanette Siemens. Father opened the meeting with prayer. Old Business Jeanette reported that there will be a presentation from student(s) who attended NCYC. She will be in contact with Erin Crouch as to the details. David reported on his research into flocknotes and recommended we try it. It is free for 40 persons or less. David agreed to set it up for the Council. Jeanette reported that she has submitted some articles for “Did You Know” to the bulletin but would like more suggestions. Father reported that there were 15 Hispanic T and T surveys returned and 56 general responses. All have been tabulated. Several members will meet to write thanks you’s to those who returned a form. Council members are urged to contact those who have been asked to be contacted for any reason. Chris and the Liturgy Commission will reach out to those potential new ministers. Father will write the Spanish thank you’s. An invitation to discuss concerns raised by a few surveys was suggested and Bekki shared “Meet a Priest” event in which anyone can sit down with a priest for any reason. An after mass time would be the best for this kind of event. David has presented some youth samples of T and T surveys for possible use next year. New Business David shared an article about Mega Churches, discussion followed. The Council also discussed our mission statement and the possibility of the Pastoral Council revising it. Jeanette and Bekki announced that they received a transportation grant which would allow 10 members from the parish to attend leadership training. The next meeting will be February 12, 2016 at the Barrett’s home at 6:00 pm. Respectfully submitted by Chris Himmelwright

Stewardship Council Meeting Minutes

Stewardship Council Meeting Minutes October 17, 2015 The Stewardship Council met October 17, 2015 at 6:30 pm at the home of Blake and Chris Himmelwright. Present were Ed and Sharon Barrett, David Borho, Blake and Chris Himmelwright, Father McKinney, Alan and Bekki Pribil and Jerry and Jeanette Siemens. Father opened the meeting with prayer. The minutes of the previous meeting were approved as written. Old Business Time and Talent Survey was reviewed and final changes will be made by Bekki. Bekki will craft a message to include an invitation to those that have an interest in serving on the Stewardship Council and send to the group for input or approval. Because of the greater need for some ministries, she will put an asterisk by; Lector, Server, Eucharistic Minister, Sacristan and usher. Bekki will get the form to Taylor’s for printing when ready The mailing will be in mid November. Sharon, Glenna and Chris will stuff envelopes and mail. The importance of contacting ALL who fill out a survey was stressed. Lay speakers, Gabriel Nall and Erica Dipman need to be contacted to speak in the next few weekends. Chris will contact Gabriel and Glenna Erica. New Business David handed out information from Eric Hazelhorst on how to create Stewardship. Discussion followed and a few Youth Survey forms were reviewed. It was decided that for this year the youth would fill out the same survey, but note their age. David also shared a letter from a young Hispanic women addressing her lack of participation in parish life. Discussion followed. Father asked the Council about using Flocknotes or a similar text messaging management service. Chris will find out what the Library uses and report back. Jeanette and Bekki discussed a Kansas Leadership Transformation Grant. The grant is an opportunity to expose organizations and groups to the Kansas Leadership Training at no cost for the training, materials and most of the daily meals. The proposal is to apply for the grant and make it available to those in the Diocesan office as well as to 2-3 people from each parish in the Diocese. Costs to the participants would be travel and overnight expense if needed. Bekki also shared information on Tech Soup, an internet service that creates awareness of availability of tech equipment from large businesses, organizations at no cost to not for profits. She also shared about Grant Station, a program to help navigate the myriad of grants available. The next meeting will be November 29 at 6:30 at the home of Jerry and Jeanette Siemens. Respectfully submitted by, Chris Himmelwright

Stewardship Council Meeting Minutes

Stewardship Council Meeting Minutes September 11, 2015 The Stewardship Council met at the home of David and Glenna Borho at 6:30 pm on September 11, 2015. Present were Ed Barrett, David and Glenna Borho, Blake and Chris Himmelwright, Father McKinney and Jerry and Jeanette Siemens . Father opened the meeting with prayer. The minutes of the last meeting were approved as presented. Chris reminded all that copies of previous meetings minutes are posted on the website. Old Business Jeanette gave an update on our new ‘Did You Know’ article stating that she has enough material to go thru October. New information would be welcome. New Business Our council is now following the Diocesan Stewardship calendar and we are on track for the annual Stewardship Renewal. Two speakers have been contacted to speak at both masses during the month of October. They are Gabriel Nall and Erica Dipman. The survey will be mailed to each household around November 15. Glenna and Chris volunteered to prepare mailings. A one week deadline was suggested. Some suggested changes to the Stewardship Survey were discussed. They are • Eliminate prayer requests • Add Eucharistic Minister at mass and to the sick • Add an invitation to join the Stewardship Council The next meeting will be October 17, 2015 at 6:30 pm at the home of Blake and Chris Himmelwright. Respectfully submitted by, Chris Himmelwright

Stewardship Council Meeting Minutes

Stewardship Council Meeting Minutes June 26, 2015 The Stewardship Council met at the cabin of Jerry and Jeanette Siemens on Friday, June 26 at 6:30 pm. Present were Glenna Borho, Blake and Chris Himmelwright, Father McKinney, Alan and Bekki Pribil and Jerry and Jeanette Siemens. Father opened the meeting with prayer. The minutes of the previous meeting were approved as written. Old Business Jeanette is working on how to proceed with her “Did You Know” column. It was decided that all Council members bring three ideas to the next Stewardship meeting New Business Alan reported that the religious education committee has met and that they are discussing a new direction for the parish since the school has closed. This includes more adult education and social activities Also, an increase in the need for altar servers was discussed, especially for funerals. It was suggested that Father address this need, as well as ask Gabrial Nall to speak to the parish about his experience as an older altar server an emphasizing the honor of the ministry. The next meeting will be July 17 at the home of Ed and Sharon Barrett. Respectfully submitted by, Chris Himmelwright

Stewardship Council Meeting Minutes

Stewardship Council meeting Minutes April 10, 2015 The Stewardship Council met at the home of Alan and Bekki Pribil at 6:30 pm April 11, 2015. Present were Ed and Sharon Barrett, David and Glenna Borho, Blake Himmelwright, , Alan and Bekki Pribil and Jerry and Jeanette Siemens. The minutes of the previous meeting were accepted as written. Old business Jeanette reported that she would like to see a “Did You Know” section in the bulletin. She will try to get that started. Glenna has presented 6 welcome baskets, but need someone who speaks Spanish to present the others. Sharon has made card for each of the recent confirmandi. David received good feedback on our Lenten speakers. Ed suggested that we have one or two speakers every other month. New Business Various ideas and/or topics were discussed for speakers in the future. David suggested asking one of the neophytes to speak. Jeanette asked the question, ‘what do we do now’? There was brief discussion about the Wichita Diocese program about which Father sent an email. Discussion about catholic education, catechesis and the need for accountable catechists. How do we encourage new altar servers?. Next meeting June 12, 2015 at the home of Ed and Sharon Barrett. Respectfully submitted by, Chris Himmelwright

Stewardship Council Meeting Minutes

Stewardship Council meeting Minutes March 13, 2015 The Stewardship Council met at the home of Blake and Chris Himmelwright at 6:30 pm March 13, 2015. Present were David Borho, Blake and Chris Himmelwright, Father McKinney, Alan and Bekki Pribil and Jerry and Jeanette Siemens. Father opened the meeting with prayer. The minutes of the previous meeting were accepted as written. Old business Jeanette reported that Sharon has contacted the card writing group and they have met. Chris reported that all of the new ministers have been contacted and are in the process of being trained and/or put on the schedule, David will contact all new ministers that fall under ‘social activities’. It was further decided that Jeanette will post people’s hobbies in the bulletin from time to time. As per Father’s request David will also contact those who signed up for Coffee and Rolls and the T&T form to see if the would become a committee to organize that event. Blake reported that two speakers have agreed to speak at mass. Chris has sent a ‘thank you’ to each on behalf of the Council. Other Jeanette recommended the podcasts on Stewardship that Eric Hazelhorst does. They can be found on the diocesan website. The Bishop will be celebrating mass with the Sacred Heart students on March 31. There will be a recognition of Sacred Heart School on May 16. Stewardship Council will offer to help. Chris will contact Rhonda W. In reviewing the Time and Talent form responses there was discussion on how to use the information. Names from the Prayer Chain sign up will be given to Tina to see if she knows how that is handled.(Jeanette) Jeanette will contact Tom Garland about the Social Justice committee and Chris, Rochelle W. Jeanette will share the names from Ministry of Praise sign up sheet with Cecelia. She will also give names for Bulletin/Newsletter stuffers to Tina, Bulletin/Production/Design to Christine Brenner and ask Deb Roberts to oversee the student names that volunteered for snow removal. She will give Wanda Voss’ name to Deb for church cleaning. Interest in funeral dinners will go to Jan Merz, Gift Card sale names to Kelly McDermeit. There was discussion about names that are willing to help with events that will be kept for reference as events occur. The next meeting will be April 17 at 6:30 pm at the home of Alan and Bekki Pribil. Respectfully, submitted by, Chris Himmelwright

Stewardship Council Meeting Minutes

Stewardship Council Meeting Minutes February 13, 2015 The Stewardship Council met at the home of David and Glenna Borho at 6:30 pm on February 13, 2015. Present were Ed and Sharon Barrett, David and Glenna Borho, Blake and Chris Himmelwright and Jerry and Jeanette Siemens. Father opened the meeting with prayer. The minutes of the previous meeting were approved as written. Old Business Thank you notes were written and sent to each parishioner who returned a survey. It was decided that next year the card would be more personal. Sharon will organize a group who is interested in writing cards to parishioners for various occasions. Chris gave an update on the Liturgy Commission’s progress in contacting new ministers. She also reported that a thank you to those who returned their survey was published in the newsletter, bulletin and website. David will get in touch with parishioners who are interested in new (not previously on survey)ministries. Jeanette will contact parishioners interested in “social activities”. It was decided that the ‘treasure’ letter will be sent this fall, in accord with the diocesan stewardship calendar. New Business Lenten speakers are Lowell Brenner February 28, March 1 and Kim Evert on March 7,8. Each will be asked to speak for 5 minutes. Blake will contact them. The next meeting will be Friday, March 13, 2015 at 6:30 at the home of Blake and Chris Himmelwright. Respectfully submitted, Chris Himmelwright

Page 1 of 2